To find out more about Manitoba’s Parkland region, we recommend the following books available at local bookstores or by special order.
- Pelicans to Polar Bears: Watching Wildlife in Manitoba, by Catherine Senecal (Heartland Publications, 1999 – Purchase)
- Daytripper’s Guide to Manitoba: Exploring Canada’s Undiscovered Province, by Barley Kives (Great Plains Publications, 2006 – Purchase). A new version of this publication (A New Daytripper’s Guide to Manitoba: Exploring Canada’s Undiscovered Province, will be published in May 2015.)
- Manitoba, Naturally, by Bill Stilwell (William Street Publishing, 2006 – Purchase)
- Manitoba Wild, by Bill Stilwell (William Street Publishing, 2010 – Purchase)
- Hiking the Heartland (formerly Manitoba Walks), by Prairie Pathfinders (Spring 2007)
- Manitoba Picnic Perfect: Discover Manitoba’s Scenic Treasures, by Prairie Pathfinders (2003 – Purchase)
- Manitoba Birds, by Andy Bezener and Ken De Smet (Lone Pine Publishing, 2000 – Purchase)
- Trans Canada Trail Guide Manitoba, by Sue Lebrecht (Canadian Geographic Enterprises, 2003 – Purchase)
- The Sawmill Boys: P.O.W.s and Conscientious Objectors, by Edward Stozek (2008)
- Taking to the Trails: Riding Mountain National Park Trail Guide, by Friends of Riding Mountain National Park (available at the Nature Shop at the Riding Mountain National Park Visitor Centre, or directory from Friends or Riding Mountain)
Note: Purchase links (via Amazon.ca) are provided for convenience only. These links should not be considered as an endorsement from Parkland Tourism Association. These publications are also available from other sources.